Engagement Ring Loan

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Dc39 WANTED $74
    Outlaw

I asked the question in good faith, u reply with a terrible example of maths, then state your girl is disabled, now im not for a minute saying ur lying but i have a disabled cousin, i know how she takes life, she appreciates every day as she can, for you to say she expects this ring an it would make her delighted really leaves a sour taste with me. Also u make good money apparently? As the dragons would say……im out!!

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

You were never in, just a pointless contribution really….

kjl412 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

PM?

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

kjl412 wrote:

PM?

I’m happy to, can seedy sort email details ?

bobbkos WANTED $19
    Outlaw

How much have you already spent?

£700 is likely a small proportion of the actual cost of the ring – im assuming given your a lawyer on good cheese – you’ve probably spent £4/5K…. at which point £700 is neither here nor there.

Any respectable jeweller will probably give you finance on the last bit.

I cannot imagine any circumstance where someone here would lend you the money.

I would lend you £700, but I’d want £420 a month back for 3 months and a written legal document which outlines our agreement – too risky mate – surely you can see that.

I don’t gamble anymore but if I did…. where is my incentive to give you £700 rather than playing slots?

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

I completely understand your point, but of course I can’t see the risk as I know I’m a stand up honest guy and I have more to lose by not paying you back – I.e my livelihood.

the only incentive, other than some interest, is purely helping out a fellow man in need who one day can hopefully do the same for you.

bobbkos WANTED $19
    Outlaw

Yeah but no offence, I’ve never met you…. so how do I know your a stand up honest guy.

If you don’t pay me back, what can I do? I’ve got no paperwork etc – it’s literally so much risk for so little reward.

Think about it from other peoples point of view – I am a bit surprised you haven’t already.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

i think this topic should be closed its going on a bit,any one with me on that

Mitros On Fire WANTED $40
    Outlaw

benq99 wrote:

i think this topic should be closed its going on a bit,any one with me on that

Absolutely.

Not being funny OP but if you can’t borrow money through any traditional means then it’s hardly a ringing endorsement of your ability to repay. You must be living in cloud cuckoo land if you think any stranger on the internet would do this no matter how well meaning your intentions.

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Close this thread please @Seedy

It’s not life or death or anything close to being In dire straits whatsoever.

It’s quite embarrassing really.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Yeah you’re right JB, I should have just started a poll to prove to myself everyone loves me, only to find out everyone actually hates me.

anyway happy for this to close all sorted now thanks to the generous people here.

Have a good weekend!

Haz40 WANTED $1,167
    Outlaw

Glad you got sorted. Have a good weekend.

kojak WANTED $64
    Blocked

This thread is part of the reason I’ve stopped logging on here… any forum with perceived wealth attached to it will always attract begging letters, it’s happened on a couple of watch collectors forums I’m on too.

I don’t earn much money, and I have debts, and my partner can’t work, and my cat has the flu. Please bail me out because I can’t cope…

Anyway;

SeiZui wrote:

I wouldn’t purchase the engagement ring from the high Street jewellery shop. it’s way too expensive being like x 2 x 3 the average price. I bought mine online in actually from different country which made it a lot lot cheaper. so instead of spending thousands I spent only hundreds.

Please do NOT do this. Mind you… it’s a gambling forum I guess.
    I own a jewellery shop in the UK and I get people in on a daily basis asking if they have bought “the real deal” while on holiday.  First reaction is an internal “doesn’t matter if it’s real now, you’re stuck with it!” but I have to go through the motions of checking.
    With diamond solitaires I would say 80% are real and 20% are fake (either synthetic man-made diamonds, or a substitute like Moissanite), so you’re on a 1 in 4 shot of it being real for starters.
    For those 80% of real ones, at least half are of poorer quality than you’ve been told. Let’s say I might have a one carat diamond ring in the window for £5000 that you have bought for £3000 in India. Bargain! Except mine is a G colour (colourless diamond) and VVS clarity. Yours is an I colour (slightly tinted, but colourless to an untrained eye) with an SI clarity, so with a loupe you can see chunks of carbon floating inside.

Less of a bargain now.

Now ignore the prices at the big chain jewellers with shareholders to pay, and the city centre ones with ridiculous rent and rates overheads and look at smaller independents like me. I can make a diamond ring “bespoke”, ordering all the components from trade and have my goldsmith assemble it for half the price you see in the big stores. In fact that has been my key business for the past 3 years.

Find a good independent near you, tell them what you want and tell them your budget – you may need to sacrifice ten points on the diamond size, or maybe one colour/clarity grade, but I guarantee they will accommodate you.  You get a hand made ring for LESS than buying off the shelf, that’s the bonkers part.

Better still you can cut out the middle man (i.e. me) and source your own diamond then have a goldsmith make a setting for it.  I spend a quarter of a million quid a year with Blue Nile diamonds – they are very close to trade prices and you can ALWAYS find what you want.

Anyway, I’m less than convinced the engagement is even real (apologies for my cynicism) and even if it is, how special is that ring going to be knowing another bloke paid for it?  Not sure my ego could have handled that.

whoswho WANTED $116
    Outlaw

Amazing how some here have tried in so many ways for loans and handouts the reasons never shock to amaze me

From money needed for a cruise, new teeth, unexpected bills and now an engagement ring that a very unfortunate fiancé demands that she gets. I know it’s bad but I find so entertaining the lengths people will go without feeling ashamed.

whoswho WANTED $116
    Outlaw

Actually there’s no indication that she demands it. As for OP I commend you on being there for your GF, so many others would just turn and run when faced with such challengers.

I commend you for that

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Engagement Ring Loan’ is closed to new replies.