Gambling adverts on tv

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

completely agree my little 1 is only on the you tube kids but you must see that there will be kids with the ability to watch your videos

The Bandit WANTED $5,383
    El Bandito

For example, a direct search for me on my youngest sons iPad will bring up results for me. If i try and press play this happens –

So to say anyone of any age can watch whilst not logged in, isn’t strictly correct. It is just down to the parents to have activated the correct mode.

Haz40 WANTED $1,167
    Outlaw

What was worse than any advert or any restrictions on the internet was my step daughter watching me gamble when she was 10 years old we’d go to the seaside just as I did as a kid. We’d go to horse race meetings when she was 13. She’d watch me play the slots, bet on the horses. Now at 27 she has a william hill account, goes to bingo, plays the slots there and generally gambles every week. I believe 100% no advert did that I did no one will tell me any different. The only good thing is though she’s so bloody tight she gets in a mardy if she loses a tenner so not a problem gambler thank god.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

If I read your post correctly Bandit then yes I agree that there should be more  .Gov awareness adverts for gamblers that inform the public of ways to block gambling in the house/Internet & on the dangers of compulsive gambling…. Its always been a thing for me as I know how gambling affects good people and family’s.

There should also be government assistance programs to help these people stop gambling addictions like there are for drugs and alcohol ?????

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Haz40 wrote:

What was worse than any advert or any restrictions on the internet was my step daughter watching me gamble when she was 10 years old we’d go to the seaside just as I did as a kid. We’d go to horse race meetings when she was 13. She’d watch me play the slots, bet on the horses. Now at 27 she has a william hill account, goes to bingo, plays the slots there and generally gambles every week. I believe 100% no advert did that I did no one will tell me any different. The only good thing is though she’s so bloody tight she gets in a mardy if she loses a tenner so not a problem gambler thank god.

Wait till she hits that jackpot…. As has happened to many a young person.. ?

Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

For example, a direct search for me on my youngest sons iPad will bring up results for me. If i try and press play this happens –

So to say anyone of any age can watch whilst not logged in, isn’t strictly correct. It is just down to the parents to have activated the correct mode.

completely get and understand that but that only stops kids who’s parents know / care.

as I said it’s not a dig at you but I would suggest the kids most likely to start gambling are the kids who’s parents don’t have these filters in place.

like I said I’m not sure if anything can be done about it but your channel is accessible to anyone as it stands.

The Bandit WANTED $5,383
    El Bandito

My channel is not accessible to anyone though is it…. the ones with the correct mode applied can’t access it lol Just have to agree to disagree on this as you don’t seem to be letting it go but there you go. Those are my thoughts, just stresses me out when someone replies just ignoring what i said really “your channel is accessible to anyone” no it isnt, for the reasons stated.

Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

My channel is not accessible to anyone though is it…. the ones with the correct mode applied can’t access it lol Just have to agree to disagree on this as you don’t seem to be letting it go but there you go. Those are my thoughts, just stresses me out when someone replies just ignoring what i said really “your channel is accessible to anyone” no it isnt, for the reasons stated.

ok I get your point and no your channel is not accessible to everyone it is blocked for people who have either blocked it them selves or had it blocked for them.

however what I meant and reading back don’t think I said anyone can go on youtube via a browser without logging in and see videos from yourself or anyone else.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

The lottery and scratch cards . Took gambling main stream .

Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

thunderball6 wrote:

The lottery and scratch cards . Took gambling main stream .

yes but there is a restriction in place for them although I personally don’t believe it is enough.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Kelvin wrote:

The Bandit wrote:

completely get and understand that but that only stops kids who’s parents know / care.

as I said it’s not a dig at you but I would suggest the kids most likely to start gambling are the kids who’s parents don’t have these filters in place.

like I said I’m not sure if anything can be done about it but your channel is accessible to anyone as it stands.

I personally feel The Bandit does everything he can to make sure his content reaches the correct audience even putting an age restriction at the start of every video. If someone underage does manage to watch it then that’s not really down to him, is it? That surely lies with the platform provider (YouTube) and the parents of those watching. He also doesn’t glorify gambling like the adverts we are discussing, he gives the full pictures with wins and losses included.

Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

I’ll take this opportunity to apologise to bandit as looking back it reads like I was calling him out which I wasn’t.

yes I agree the bandit does more than he needs to to promote responsibility when gambling.

I was just pointing out that bandits  videos do not have a general restriction on them which in a way I love as it’s the only way my work Wi-Fi let’s me watch them.

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Kelvin wrote:

I’ll take this opportunity to apologise to bandit as looking back it reads like I was calling him out which I wasn’t.

yes I agree the bandit does more than he needs to to promote responsibility when gambling.

I was just pointing out that bandits  videos do not have a general restriction on them which in a way I love as it’s the only way my work Wi-Fi let’s me watch them.

it wasnt until your last comment that i noticed your picture is a scrotum

edit: not based on your comment genuinly read all of them and only noticed at the end, read this back and it looks like a sly dig lol

Kelvin WANTED $31
    Outlaw

Not long changed it was wondering when the first comment would be lol ?

The Bandit WANTED $5,383
    El Bandito

Kelvin wrote:

Not long changed it was wondering when the first comment would be lol ?

The bollocks won’t fly as an avatar sorry mate. There’ll be lots of people that don’t want to see that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)